9/07/2011

Two different point of views from my parents

Last night my mum told me that she fully trusts God for His plan in getting the life partner of her children.
Then, I asked her, 'If my future boy friend is someone who came from a complicated family, only graduated from secondary school, no good career, no money, has the responsibility to take care of his family, etc.....BUT he loves God, willing to serve God despite of anything, will you accept him as your son-in-law?'
Without a second of hesitation, she answered, 'If the person really loves God and fears God, surely he will love you as himself, and I will never disagree about it.
WAH~Surprise!!!!!!!
In fact, my father is almost the same as the person I described my so-called future boy friend.
My dad had no money, he even rejected by his own family member due to his faith to God before he married my mum. ( He is still not rich now, though) However, he loves God, so he loves my mum very much.



After that, I asked my dad the same question.
The answer from my dad was, 'Don't think too much, please be rational, don't be so emotional, sweet heart.'
I asked, ' No, I was just giving an example. Let's say God really match this guy with me, what will you do?'
'Erm....I have been suffered a lot due to my low education level as a full time pastor in the church. Having the passion in serving God is great, though education level is important. If it is really God's arrangement, I will surely ask him to equip himself by studying, reading books and to get a certificate that recognised by others. Otherwise, he will be suffered a lot in the field and you will be suffered too,dear. Both knowledge (education) and the passion of serving God are the necessities in serving the people of God in this generation.'


Ya, my dad is really reasonable, rational, and he was being so reality to let me see the truth.
I can understand the reason why my dad said so, I have seen his struggling, hurts, frustrations since I was young.
He always tells me to be equipped well in school, study hard before you join the field.
Yes, I know that. I did it as he told.
But, daddy, even though you have been treated unjustly, you are still able to bear it due to us. (Of course, I believe that God has granted you the strength to go through those difficult times) You chose to not going for further study in seminary because you wanted us to have no worries about the living when we were young. You did not dare to complaint when you were treated differently, because you don't want to bear the risk of being posted to other places. You really tried your best in settling us down, not to move around.
Now we are grown up, go go go ahead with what you think you should do.
I love you, dad.



P/S: If God really match the guy that I described, I will think exactly like my mum. I am willing to go along with him, even though the path is challenging, tough, even full of pain. Because I know that God always has His best plan for me. It's not being emotional, it's about faith and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment